Saturday, June 14, 2014

Ox hoping to take on Uruguay

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: Hoping to be available on Thursday

The Arsenal midfielder admitted he believed his Entire world Cup desire had been shattered when he was injured throughout the two - 2 attract with Ecuador in their warm -up match in Miami.

Carlos Gruezos tackle sprained Oxlade-Chamberlains knee and he admits he assumed he would be traveling residence.

"I panicked a little bit and feared the worst," claimed the 20 - 12 months - previous, who scored from Brazil in the Maracana previous June.

" I might just occur back again off a extended - phrase knee injury, and from time to time one thing that looks really innocuous can set you back 5 months.

"And we were being so close to the World Cup. I imagined my possibility may possibly be in excess of."

As he lay inside of an MRI scanner, Oxlade-Chamberlain admits he was wracked with tension.

"I essentially sat in the scanner with the fingers crossed on each my hands for the full twenty five minutes," he stated.

"At the finish I couldn't feel my fingers. That is actually how I sat. Immediately after I arrived out our health practitioner noticed the scan benefits and was very happy with them, considering what they had feared.

"They experienced considered it could have been a lot even worse than it was. I was definitely a bit worried."

The scans discovered he had sprained the medial ligament in his right knee, but Roy Hodgson made the decision to keep Oxlade-Chamberlain and he has responded effectively to his rehabilitation.

On Friday, in advance of the opener with Italy, Oxlade-Chamberlain stepped up his rehab, testing his knee in diagonal runs on the Arena Amazonia pitch, and he is hopeful he could be offered for the Uruguay match in Sao Paulo.

"We are not certain about time scales," he stated. "We are hopeful that (returning for Uruguay) would be real looking but there is nothing established in stone and I can not say no matter if I will absolutely be back again or not.

"We just know we are really good about it. We are going to retain pushing and keep working toward it.

" Thinking about when the injuries was, I am truly delighted - as are the medical team - with how it can be progressed."

Oxlade-Chamberlain intends to have a chat with England psychiatrist Dr Steve Peters to see if he can support him with his restoration.

He claimed : "Straight immediately after I sat in the dressing room and I was pondering : 'You won't be able to get by yourself in a pickle and get your self down because the situation is not heading to change'.

"You can possibly keep good and glance forward and glance how you are going to get over it or you do the reverse and get your self down and that is not likely to get you anyplace."

If he is readily available, the former Southampton youngster is self-assured he can make an instant impression in what is a crunch match after the two teams shed their opening Group D matches.

"I consider I will be ready to (do that)," he claimed. " Before the Ecuador recreation I hadn't played due to the fact the FA Cup semi- last (on April 12 ).

"With the way we teach, it really is so sharp it truly is like a match anyway. If you happen to be acquiring via teaching all correct you can get it into a match.

"When I came back again from the five - month injury it does take a little bit longer to get into the swing of it, but with limited -termers it can be less difficult to strike the floor running."

Ox hoping to take on Uruguay Rating: 4.5 Posted by: Unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive